Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cherish Life

I am so incredibly thankful for my family and don't know what I would do if I lost Layla or James.  But, that's what almost happened last night.
James and I were driving home last night, after having an amazing and relaxing weekend at my parents house in Boynton Beach, when we were rear ended on I95.  We were going about 70 and who knows how fast the other car was going.  He rammed right into us and then drove off as fast as he could go.  We are all thankfully all okay and it was late at night so there were no other cars on the road, and we got safely to the side.
James and I have a little back pain but Layla was perfectly fine as well as our Basset Hound, Dude.

There were not enough kisses and "I love you"'s from us when we knew we were safe.  Layla was confused of course why Mommy and Daddy were crying and kissing her little face as much as they could.  She is such a trooper and all of it didn't even face her, even staying awake until after 2am so she could get checked out at the ER.

Family is the most blessed and amazing gift you can have in your life and that is why i am writing this today.  Just stop for a moment today and kiss and hug the ones you love, you have no idea what the next day could bring or take away.


I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
Agatha Christie

2 comments:

  1. AHHH I had no idea this happened-SO GLAD you are all ok!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your all ok. I got into a bad accident with Devan in the car when he was about Layla's age. It does make you really think again about how precious life is and your little one. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete