Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just the start...

I want to introduce myself, my name is Carrie Mae Holliman and I am the owner of Mama's Cozy Boutique.  I started up my boutique(original name, MommyMade) when Layla was around 3 months old and i wanted to dress my baby girl up:-)  What Mother of a cute little baby girl doesn't want to accessorize with every tiny and adorable little outfit they have?!




Well I did!!! And since learning to knit from my sister-in-law a couple years ago and going through the trial and errors that come with starting any new venture i found a passion in Knitting accessories.
Creating something beautiful out of something so simple was amazing to me and once i started i just couldn't stop.
Thus became my business. i asked through trusty old Facebook if anyone would be interested in purchasing my baby scarves and when i got more than 10 responses of people basically ordering custom scarves i decided to make an Etsy page and start it up for real.http://www.etsy.com/shop/MamasCozyBoutique

I am still in the beginning stages of this business venture and that's extremely exciting to me!  I have grown and now also make custom wine glasses and soon i will be making candle holders and painted vases.

This Blog is going to be SO much more than just a blog about my business.  i want to talk about motherhood mostly because i believe it is the most amazing adventure than anyone can go on and it's something i would talk about constantly if i could.  How to teach and inspire our children while they do the same for us i believe is the basic wonderment of life...what could really be better?!

I have a lot of ideas about what to talk about on here but if you have any ideas that you would like to share with me i would be GLAD to touch on the subject!
I was a preschool teacher for about 10 years and have always been a mother at heart(so extremely ecstatic that i really am a mother now).  If there is something that i don't know the answer to, i can always find it!

Thanks so much for following my Blog and please just stick around and wait for whats to come...i have oh so many ideas:-)

Check out my Etsy page if you would like to see more of Mama's Cozy Boutique Items, and Remember Custom making something special for you or your family is one of my favorite things to do so please private message me if you would like to order something different than what you see in the shop!http://www.etsy.com/shop/MamasCozyBoutique

Topics to look forward to...
-Reading to your Children
-Crafts fir Kids
-Routines for kids'
-Everyday aspects of motherhood/small business owner
-Easy Recipes
-Sign Language for the kiddos.....
........and much more!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I can't wait to read more posts. It must be wonderful to be able to knit something special for a baby. What a wonderful business venture. I will recommend you to my friends with little babies. Do you knit for older children also? Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can knit something for any age, i mostly just do scarves, headbands and hats:-) I am so happy you will be following my Blog! I am really excited about it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very good blog. I love what you have done with the template and Layla is just too cute. I may contact you in the future to knit a scarf for my daughter. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete